Friday, April 13, 2012

Zoya's Tru!

Today I am wearing Zoya's Tru from the spring 2012 Tru Collection! It is a gorgeous red toned, medium grape purple with subtle gold, orange and red shimmer in it. When I picked this polish out I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but once I received it I was in love!


Zoya's Tru
 A lot of people have been worried that Tru and Lotus would be too similar, but they are actually quite different, and any purple lover will need to own both!


Left: Lotus Right: Tru
You can see that Lotus is a much softer, dustier purple than Tru, which is a brighter purple. They both have that subtle shimmer which I really love though!


Zoya's Tru

Zoya's Tru

Zoya's Tru
Zoya lists Tru as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = Sheer, 5 = completely opaque) Which is accurate. I used 2 coats to achieve complete opacity. The formula was perfect. It wasn't too thick, or thin and applied in nice even strokes. Tru dried down to a smooth, even, glossy finish, though I think it would benefit from a top coat. As you can see in the top image, Tru looks great with the dark blue of my jeans, and the denim really brings out the blue tones in the purple! Gorgeous! 

Zoya's Tru

Zoya's Tru
I really love the little flecks of shimmer in Tru. I think it adds a depth to the polish that would be lost without them. These images were taken in an overcast light, but the shimmer really stands out and lights the polish up in the sun.

I think Tru would work for both cool and warm skin tones, as the red undertones would be flattering on warm skin, and the hints of blue in the purple would would be flattering on cool skin tones.

~All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This polish was purchased with my own money.~


No comments:

Post a Comment