Thursday, April 5, 2012

Zoya's LC

Today I am in a bright and cheery mood! I don't know if it's because I just received my Theodora & Callum prize in the mail (post to come!), or because I actually got a chance to go to the mall and get some new clothes, but I am in a GOOD mood! Since I am in such a good mood I decided to paint my nails with something bright today! Zoya's LC! Yes, this polish is named after the OC star Lauren Conrad, don't judge, girl's got style.


Zoya LC
Zoya's LC is part of the Gossip collection, but can be purchased separately as well for $8 on Zoya's website. Zoya describes LC as a bright saturated red-coral cream, which is pretty accurate. It's so pretty and summery! It does look very similar to Kylie2, but when you have them side by side you can see that LC is quite a bit more on the red side than Kylie2, which leans on the orangy-pink coral side. I tried to get a picture of Kylie2 and LC side by side but my crack head camera was going tweaking out so I couldn't get a good photo.

Zoya LC
LC's formula was a little on the thick side, which generally annoys me, but for some reason with this one I didn't mind it at all. Each coat went on thick but dried down to a nice smooth glossy finish.

Zoya LC
One thing I did notice with LC was that I was getting a lot of little bubbles. I don't think it has anything to do with the formula, but is because I dropped the bottle before I used it, which shook it up, mixing air into the polish.

Zoya LC
Zoya lists LC as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is accurate. Each coat went on opaque and I achieved a perfect finish with 2 thick coats. I am pretty pleased with the application, even with the bubbles.

LC is definitely a warm color, which works well for spring and summer. In my opinion it would be a little too bright for fall and winter, though I know some people wear bright polish year round. Overall, LC is a great summer red, that is both bright and girly, and is going to be one of my summer staples for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment