Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zoya Carey Swatch and Review

Today I am wearing Zoya's Carey! I think I was inspired by the cloudy grey skies outside and the thunderstorms we had last night, because a nice grey just sounded pretty to me today.

Zoya Carey
Zoya describes Carey as a periwinkle grey, which is accurate. It is definitely one of those color shifting shade. It looks much more grey in some light, and in others I look down and it is clearly blue. It's a very pretty color either way!


Zoya Carey

Zoya Carey
As you can see in the two pictures above, the top image appears to be more grey, while the bottom image looks more blue! Carey is really unique that way!


Carey's formula was very nice! A perfect creamy consistency. It's listed as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque) by Zoya, which is accurate. With 2 coats these were completely opaque, and then I added a third coat out of habit.


Zoya Carey
 
Zoya Carey

Zoya Carey
This color was originally part of the winter 2011 Feel Collection, though I think it works perfectly for a spring pastel as well as a summer and winter neutral. I was unsure of how Carey was going to look on my skin tone, since I have a very neutral tone to my skin which can make it look sallow and washed out, but it actually works really well and picks up more of my pink undertones instead of the yellow!


Overall I am really happy with this color! I am thinking of ordering Kristen from the Feel collection as well, since it similar but a little more blue. I think it will also work well with my skin.


What do you guys think? Love it or leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment