Thursday, April 19, 2012

LUSH Snow Globe, Northern Lights and 17 Cherry Tree Lane Soap Review

Today I am going to do a review on three of the soaps that I purchased from LUSH. LUSH sells handmade cosmetics, skin care and bath and body products. I love LUSH because they use natural ingredients and they make all of their products in small batches, so that you always get fresh items.

Their soaps are made with real ingredients such as fruit and flower oils, and dried fruits and nuts. They range in price from just over $5 to a little over $10 a bar, and can be used in both the shower and bath, or at the sink as a hand soap. I recommend storing your soap in a water tight soap holder or on a rack where it can dry out, otherwise they tend to melt if left sitting in water. The soaps can be purchased at www.lushusa.com or in any LUSH store. You can find a store near you by using their store locator.
The first item that I am going to tell you about is Snow Globe, which is, unfortunately, a seasonal soap, so I will not be able to link you to it for now. Which is another thing I should tell you. Their products are not always in stock. They rotate through different scents, so if you see something that you want to try, you should plan on purchasing it pretty quickly, or risk that it will not be available when you go back to get it. Some of them are pretty permanent (though not completely!) and have been around for quite awhile, but others will only be out for a few weeks. The good thing is, if the one you wanted is no longer available that means they have brought a new scent out. So far everything that I have smelled from LUSH has been amazing. Just keep your eye out and don't wait around!

Okay, back to Snow Globe!


LUSH Snow Globe
Snow Globe is a light teal/aqua color which reminds me of the pictures you see of glacial ice that has that gorgeous blue green glow to it. The scent is citrusy with notes of lemon and myrrh. The lather on Snow Globe is nice and it gives creamy, bubbly suds. The smell is strong when you are using the soap, but only lingers lightly on your skin after it is rinsed off. My skin felt clean and soft after using it, and did not feel dry or tight, or like there was a residue left over like some soaps containing glycerin can make your skin feel.

My conclusion on Snow Globe is that I really like it. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars, for having a nice scent, smooth lather and leaving my skin feeling soft and clean. My only complaint with it is that I have only used it about a dozen times and it is already about half gone, so one star off for how many uses I will get out of it.

The next soap I want to review is Northern Lights:


LUSH Northern Lights
I don't know if you can really tell by the picture, but this soap is NEON. It is the brightest soap I have ever seen! Northern Lights was the first soap I tried from LUSH and it is responsible for getting me addicted. It has a wonderful smell of cypress and lime, that leaves you feeling refreshed and invigorated. You have to work at the soap a bit to get the lather going, but once you have it going it lathers great, and get this, the bubbles are neon yellow! The scent on Northern Lights is pretty strong during use and had much better staying power than Snow Globe. I could still smell the nice citrusy/cypress smell on my arms at the end of the day. Northern Lights also left my skin feeling clean and soft,and did not dry my skin out, though I don't think it was quite as moisturizing as the other two that I purchased. My final rating for Northern Lights is also a 4 out of 5 stars, because it has a great smell that lingers on your skin, and is very cleansing, but needed some work to lather and did not moisturize my skin very well. 

The final soap that I have for you guys is 17 Cherry Tree Lane, which actually doesn't smell like cherries at all! It is also currently in stock!


LUSH 17 Cherry Tree Lane
I actually forgot to take a picture of this soap, so here is what the bar looks like from the old LUSH picture. Mine looked exactly like the bars on top. 17 Cherry Tree Lane smells amazing with notes of lemon, jasmine and orange blossom, along with cherry blossom and mimosa! The smell is very light, but sweet and floral and was enough to make me fall head over heels for this soap. The lather on 17 Cherry Tree Lane is a dream, it is super duper creamy and rich and it lathered incredibly easy. The scent was also another one that lingered on my skin all day, even though the scent was not as strong as Northern Lights in the shower. My skin felt clean and soft, and VERY moisturized after using this soap. I think 17 Cherry Tree Lane has made me very curious to try out some more of their opaque, creamy looking soaps, such as Lily SavonAlkmaar, and Sultana of Soap. 17 Cherry Tree Lane receives a final score of 5 out of 5 stars from me, for having a delicious scent that lingers, dreamy creamy lather and being very moisturizing. 

Overall I would have to say that I am really impressed with LUSH and will be making more purchases as soon as my last bar is used up!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment