Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Zoya Karina and Tiffany!

Today I have two reviews for you guys since I haven't done a swatch and review in a few days! Zoya Karina, a shimmering ruby red, and Tiffany, a shimmery peachy pink! Both Karina and Tiffany are part of collections, with Tiffany belonging to the Flame collection and Karina belonging to the Wicked collection!


First up is Karina.

Zoya Karina
 
Zoya Karina


Zoya Karina
 Zoya describes Karina as a cool medium crimson red with swirls of pink, gold and red foil metallic glitter. It's really stunning! I will admit, I am addicted to red polishes. Red is my favorite color, so I have trouble passing up a red polish, even if it is similar to a color I already own.

Zoya Karina
 
Zoya Karina
When I first received Karina I was a little disappointed because it looked exactly the same as Zoya Isla to me, but once I held them side by side I could see that Karina has a slight bit more pink in it, and has much larger micro glitter, where as Isla has very fine shimmer. 

Zoya Karina (right), Zoya Isla (left)

Zoya Karina


Zoya Karina
One thing I noticed with Karina is that it did not have the glossy finish that Tiffany did. You can see in the picture that the surface of the Karina is pretty rough and it really needs a top coat. Also, Karina is stunningly shimmery and glittery in person, but it does NOT transfer over in pictures! 

Zoya Karina
Zoya lists Karina as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is accurate. You could probably get away with one coat of Karina, as each coat was highly pigmented, but because I like to do at least 2 coats with all of my polishes I went ahead and used 2 for these swatches. The formula for Karina could not have been any easier to work with. It was fluid and smooth and dried quickly. My only complaint about Karina is that it does not have a smooth finish on it's own.


Now for Tiffany! A shimmery, glittery, peachy-pink metallic!



Zoya Tiffany

Zoya Tiffany
I know I say this every other swatch, but I think Tiffany is becoming my favorite! It is so pretty! Zoya describes Tiffany as pink, peach and light copper toned foil particles accented by flecks of gold foil, which is accurate. The gold foil is really strong once Tiffany is applied and it makes this polish shine.


Zoya Tiffany

Zoya Tiffany
 Unlike Karina, Tiffany dried down with a shiny glossy finish. One thing I noticed about both Karina and Tiffany though, they lasted FOREVER without any chips, and minimal tip wear. I would highly recommend using the foil method to remove these though, as the glitter can be a pain to remove.


Zoya Tiffany

Zoya Tiffany
 
Zoya Tiffany
Zoya lists Tiffany as a 5 on the opacity scale, which I found to be too high. I would honestly list Tiffany as a 3, maybe a 4, but it's no where near a 5. After 2 good coats I could still clearly see my quick through the polish, and needed 3 good coats before it was no longer easily visible.


Zoya Tiffany
 
Zoya Tiffany
The formula of Tiffany is perfect, just like Karina. It went on smoothly and evenly and dried quickly. Unlike Karina, it has a shiny glossy finish that makes it really gorgeous!

Overall, I love both of these polishes and will definitely be purchasing more foils from Zoya!

Do Karina and Tiffany make you want to try one of Zoya's foil polishes? If so, which one are you lusting over?


~All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by any of the reviewed companies. The polish in this review was purchased on my own.~

1 comment:

  1. I love your swatches! I saw your blog in your MUA signature (sindulge drama) :)

    ReplyDelete