Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Theodora & Callum and Jouer Facebook Spring Trends Contest Prize

I received the prize I won from the Theodora & Callum and Jouer Spring Trends contest that they had on Facebook! I am so happy with the prize! I have been a big fan of scarves for forever, and especially bright colored summery ones! I have also been wanting to try more of Jouer's products but haven't had the extra money to make the purchase, so this was the perfect thing for me to win!


Theodora & Callum and Jouer Prize
I received the Theodora and Callum Pink Multi Ikat Tie All Scarf which can be purchased on the Theodora and Callum website for $175. I also received the Jouer lip gloss in Tender which retails for $20, Eye Definer in Mure which retails for $20, Powder Eyeshadow in Pink Champagne which retails for $20, Cheek Tint in Amaryllis which retails for $20, Sheer Bronzing Tint which retails for $32, the powder brush #2 which retails for $45 and the Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine that retails for $28, and they can all be purchased on the Jouer website which is linked above.

Theodora & Callum and Jouer Prize
I really love the packaging of these products. They are nice and simple, yet sleek and sophisticated looking. I like that they don't look like cheap items, or like something made for a young teen.


Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine
Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine
I was pretty nervous when I saw that bronzer was going to be two of the items that were in the prize, because if you haven't seen my picture, I am SUPER fair. I have tried bronzers in the past and they always ended up making me look like I was dirty, or they were too pigmented and went on too orangish. This powder bronzer is amazing though. It goes on very sheer, but can be built up, and has a nice golden color with peachy tones, so it looks natural and soft, instead of looking like I rubbed Cheetos powder on my face.


Sheer Bronzing Tint

Sheer Bronzing Tint
As you can see the liquid bronzer is nice and sheer as well! I love the liquid because I feel like I can blend it out better and get more of a natural glow, and then go over it with the powder where I want a little extra color. I am very impressed by the tints and tinted moisturizer that I have tried from Jouer, and I am thinking I am going to have to purchase their tinted moisturizer very soon.


Cheek and Lip Tint in Amaryllis

Cheek and Lip Tint in Amaryllis
I am a huge fan of  cream tints that have multiple functions. I love that you can put one item in your bag and it works for both your cheeks and lips and is super simple to use, but when I first saw the color of this tint I thought it was going to be way too bright for me. It looks like a coraly red-pink color in the package. Once I applied the swatch I saw that it blends out really sheer and actually ends up looking very pretty and gives a nice flush of color. I am in love! I now have the color Whisper as well and I love both of them. I think this is going to become one of my favorite grab and go products.


Powder Eyeshadow in Pink Champagne

Powder Eyeshadow in Pink Champagne
This is a gorgeous shadow. It's a nice shimmering light pink that is a great staple color. I really love the texture of this shadow. It's velvety and soft with great pigmentation and it blends very easily. I think I am going to be purchasing a lot more of these. They are wonderful shadows.

Eye Definer in Mure
Maybe I am just really particular about how I like my eye liner, but I honestly did not care for this. It felt dried out and did not go on smoothly at all, but it tugs and drags across my lid. The color looked really promising, a nice dusty, smokey, purple color, but it went on very sheer and I really had to go over my eyes several times to get a good color pay off. I thought maybe after I used the pencil a few times it would soften up and apply a little smoother but it hasn't so far.


Jouer Moisturizing Gloss in Tender

Jouer Moisturizing Gloss in Tender
 I was first introduced to Jouer lip gloss when I received a sample of it in my Birchbox a few months back, and I was blown away by how creamy it is. I hate hate hate sticky glosses and this gloss is one of the least sticky glosses I have ever used. It is creamy and smooth and makes your lips feel wonderful. Tender is a gorgeous color, a nice creamy peach, and will be perfect for this summer. I can not wait to add a few more of these glosses to my collected!

And finally, one of the most impressive features about Jouer's cosmetics, and one of the features that has me sold on the brand:


Jouer Cosmetics

Jouer Cosmetics
 They lock together!! Each compact (eye shadow, tint, bronzer, powder, perfector, lip gloss, mascara, etc.) has interlocking sides AND bottoms, so you can connect them all together! Finding make up in my purse just got SO much easier! You can connect items together on both sides, or using the interlocking feet on the bottom of each item. Each compact is 100% functional when locked together, so you don't even have to take them apart to use them. I love this! Instead of a make up bag full of individual items it's now one pallet of my favorites!

And the last item in the prize:

Theodora & Callum Pink Multi Ikat Tie All Scarf
The Theodora and Callum Scarf! This picture doesn't even do it justice. It is bright saturated, almost neon, pinks and fuscias. The scarf is large and is a medium weight material. It is gorgeous. One of my favorite things about Theodora and Callum is that their scarves are multi functional. They have tutorials on their web page that show you many ways to wear their scarves, including many dress options, a wrap over a bathing suit, as a regular scarf, and more! Their scarves can be purchased on their website, which is linked above.

I would just like to give Theodora and Callum, and Jouer, a huge thank you for selecting me as the winner of this contest. I can not tell you how much I love the items and I am now hooked on both brands!


Theodora & Callum Scarf and my look using Jouer Cosmetic!


~The items in this post were given to me as a prize, for being chosen as the winner of a contest, they were not purchased by myself, and were supplied to me free of any charge by their respective companies. All opinions expressed in my posts are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company.~

No comments:

Post a Comment