Saturday, March 24, 2012

Zoya's Lotus and the Theodora & Callum Spring Trends Facebook Contest

After sporting Zoya's Kylie2 for a few days I decided to sport something a little softer today, Zoya's Lotus from the spring 2012 True collection. I am in love with this whole collection, though so far I have only managed to get my hands on Tru and Lotus. Bevin and Skylar are on my must have list and are next in line to be purchased.

Kinda of random but exciting news, I won the Theodora & Callum Spring Trends Facebook Contest!! (How freaking gorgeous are their scarves? Am I right??) To win the contest all I had to do was comment on their FB post about which spring trend I am loving the most right now, which would be neons with neutrals of course! I will be receiving a gift basket that includes a Theodora & Callum scarf and a collection of Jouer cosmetics, which is one of my all time favorite brands, and just happens to be one of the brands that I was introduced to by Birchbox! On the T&C FB page they show the prize as:

Jouer and Theodora & Callum gift basket.
Can I just say EXCITED! Okay, okay, enough of this, back to Zoya...

Zoya's Lotus
Lotus is described on Zoya's website as a soft, dusty blue-toned amethyst purple, and I think that's pretty spot on. It is subtle pink/red/gold shimmer that adds some depth to it and really makes me love it even more. I am a sucker for dusty saturated colors though.


Zoya's Lotus
 The application of Lotus was perfect. I really could not have asked for a better formula with this one. It wasn't too thick, but wasn't thin or watery either. It dried down to a nice smooth surface and applied evenly.

Zoya's Lotus

Zoya's Lotus
As you can see, the shimmer really is subtle, but it adds a nice sparkle to the polish and keeps it away from being flat or a straight cream. I am really curious to see how this looks with a top coat over it, but since mine has sadly been used all up I will have to wait until I get my hands on the Zoya Color Lock System to find out. Since I really want Anchor, Armor and the rejuvenating drops I am just going to splurge and buy the whole system. I figure that if I am going to be spending my precious money on nail polish then I want it to be the longest lasting polish I can get, and the best way to ensure my polish lasts as long as it can is to invest in the Color Lock system.

Zoya's Lotus
One thing I noticed about Lotus is that it is listed as a 5 on the opacity scale, which means that it is listed as completely opaque. Though the formula is actually pretty sheer with one coat, and i needed two thick coats to make it opaque. I am really starting to wonder what their opacity rating is based on? Is it how opaque the polish is after 1 coat or 2 coats? Since 2 coats is what is recommended I am going to assume it is after 2 coats, thought how thick each coat is applied can also vary greatly. If I had done thin coats of Lotus then it would definitely have required 3 coats to reach complete opacity... hmm.

Not sure. Either way, Lotus is a keeper for me and I am in love with it.

* All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This bottle of polish was purchased by myself.*

No comments:

Post a Comment