Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Julep's Melissa

Today I am wearing Julep's Melissa. This was another color that I received in my Julep Maven box. It is a really pretty sheer iridescent color that shifts between a nude blush color and and aqua blue. It's really beautiful in person!

Julep's Melissa
  This color turns out to be really difficult to photograph. For some reason the iridescence just does not want to show up. In the photo above you can see the areas of the blush color on the left and then the aqua blue is showing up more around the air bubble.

Julep's Melissa
The polish applied like a dream. It went on very smoothly and dried to an even finish without being streaky. My biggest issue with applying Julep's polishes is that the brush is very long which causes polish to build up all along the plastic part of the applicator, and then it all runs down while you are applying the polish. You really have to wipe the top of applicator down before you start painting your nails or you end up with a sudden gush of polish.

Julep's Melissa
Here you can see how Melissa almost looks nude in the right light. I think this is one of the reasons I love it so much. It's not one of those colors that screams in your face. It's very subtle and but still adds a little touch of color to your nails. I think this would be a good color for those who can't wear brighter or dark colors because of work, or those who need something that looks a little more professional.


Julep's Melissa

Julep's Melissa
 Here you can see the difference in the way Melissa looks from different angles. In the top picture it clearly looks more nude, and in the bottom picture you can really see the light picking up the aqua blue in the polish. For some reason this polish reminds me of The Little Mermaid... probably because the iridescence is the same color as the costume that I had for my Little Mermaid Barbie. Who knew that years later I would be thinking of that toy because of nail polish?

Julep's Melissa
Up close you can see how shimmery it really is. One of the things I love about this polish is that it did not dry down streaky. I have had a few polishes that go on super streaky and if you are a member of the shaky hands club your nails will look like a mess.

Overall I am really pleased with this color and I think I will get a lot of use out of it. Once again though, love Julep's polish, but I hate their $14 per bottle price tag. Thankfully I have an order of Zoya that should be coming in any day that I will be able to swatch for you guys!




*All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. The polish in this post was purchased by myself*







No comments:

Post a Comment