Thursday, March 15, 2012

Teen Vogue Birchbox

This month Birchbox allowed its subscribers to opt in or out of a special edition Teen Vogue box. Birchbox and Teen Vogue teamed up to create a box full of items specifically geared towards Prom aged teens. As seen in my previous post, I received a regular March box, but I also opted in for a Teen Vogue box. What is better than one box of beauty surprises?? That's right! TWO. So the TV box couldn't have come at a better time!

Teen Vogue Edition Birchbox, March 2012

Contents From Left to Right:
1.) Alex and Isabelle Classic hair tie
2.) Essie Luxeffect in Set in Stones
3.) Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
4.) Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy
5.) Peter Thomas Roth Max Anit-Shine Mattifying Gel

Alex and Isabelle hair ties are my absolute favorite hair ties of all time. It may look like just a piece of elastic ribbon tied in a knot, but they are incredible. They hold all day, do not rip my hair out and do not leave creases in my hair! Plus, they look super cute on my wrist.

I am a nail polish addict. Getting a Luxeffect in my BB couldn't have thrilled me more! (and it wasn't a color I already have! *squeals with joy*) Set in Stones is a glitter polish with large, medium and small, hexagonal and round silver glitter in a clear base. It looks amazing layered over other polishes.


Essie Luxeffect in Set in Stones over Color Club's Lava Lamp

As you can in the picture, it's pretty. Sorry for the big messy toe! Ha! I wasn't sure if neon orange would look good on my fingers, so I tried my toes first. Got them painted and then Tiny Hiney decided she had to have my feet, so I escaped to the bathroom to snap a picture before she could mess them up. I think I will stick to painting my nails when she is asleep from now on.

Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie... Clean, fresh, wonderful. It starts out with strong peachy top notes and then dries down to a beautiful clean soapy floral. I am very picky about perfume, and I think Mr. B is even pickier than I am, so the fact that we both smelled it and like it, says alot. It rings in at $85 for 50 ml. which is steap, but for both of us to find a scent that we like on me it is worth it.

Okay, I will admit. The entire reason I wanted the TV BB is because of the Tarte Lipsurgence. I have wanted it FOREVER. Alright, maybe not forever... but like 2 years. I have never broken down and purchased it because I couldn't justify spending $25 on a lip balm/tint when I can walk into Walgreens and pick up an equivalent item for less than $7. I should have just bought one. This product is going to become a staple in my makeup box. It is a creamy sheer colored balm that is super moisturizing, applies so easily Tiny Hiney could probaby put it on me AND it stains my lips once it is worn off. The four colors being sent out in the TV box were Lucky, a matte opaque light pink, Joy, a sheer coral, Amused, a sheer fuchsia and Peaceful a sheer nude beige. I was hoping for either Amused or Joy, as lighter pinks make me look dead, and nudes make me look washed out. I ended up with Joy and it is right on the spot for my fair skin.

Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy

I was also happy to receive the mattifying gel, which could not have come at a better time. Before having Tiny Hiney I had always had dry skin, and then suddenly after she was born it changed to combination with my T zone getting pretty at times. With summer just around the corner (and it already being 79F for a few days here in Iowa today) I am going to be needing this very soon. I have only tried it out once so far, but it did keep me matte for hours and so far I have not had any negative side effects such as the dreaded new product break out.

Honestly I could not have been more thrilled about this box. I know there were some people who had disappointments with their colors, and a few products that were damaged in transit, but BB has incredible customer service, and fixed many problems for people. Hopefully everyone else enjoyed their TV box as much as I enjoyed mine.




*All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by any of the product companies. The Birchbox being reviewed was paid for by myself.*

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment