Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Zoya's Faye

Time for another swatch and review! Today I am wearing Zoya's Faye from the Sunshine collection. It is described by Zoya as a bronzed mauve with purple and brown undertones and flooded with gold sparkle, which is pretty dead on. I am not gonna lie though, when I received this in my order I was not thrilled by the way it looked in the bottle. Let's just say that to me it lacked bottle appeal.... I thought it looked kinda ugly.


Zoya's Faye

Zoya's Faye
Boy was I wrong! This ended up being my favorite of out of the whole order, possibly my favorite out of my entire collection!  It's ends up being a very pretty shimmery bronze/plum color once applied! In the bottle it looks more like bronzish gold micro glitter floating around in a sheer purple base, but once it's applied it blends so perfectly into this amazing color that I fell in love!


Zoya's Faye

Zoya's Faye
 Faye's formula is perfect. It's not thick and goopy, but it's not thin and runny either. It applies in perfect smooth layers that even out as it dries down. It's not rough, or matte looking once dried, though not overly shiny either. Faye is also really forgiving if you have shaky hands because it does not streak, and the shimmer does not pool or gather in certain areas, but spreads out perfectly.


Zoya's Faye

I feel like Faye could be worn all year round, because of the plum/bronze combo. The purple makes it a pretty color for summer and spring, while the bronze would really work well for fall and winter. I also like that it works really well on my fair skin, and isn't so dark that it accentuates my fairness, but isn't so light that it washes me out. I also like that the bronze color doesn't have the strong yellow tones that gold generally does, or the orange tones of a copper. It really is a nice neutral metallic bronze color.

Zoya's Faye

Zoya's Faye

Zoya's Faye
Zoya's website classifies Faye as a 4 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is pretty accurate. It went on pretty sheer but covered evenly with 2 thin coats, and was completely opaque with 3. You can really see how the purple in Faye is picked up more from some angles and then the bronze color comes out more from others. It is very very shimmery and I can't wait to try this with a top coat over it! Once again, the Zoya Color Lock System is calling my name!

Overall I am very pleased with Faye, and I am so happy that I listened to the reviews instead of going off of the way the bottle looks online. It really is a stunning and unique color!

*All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This bottle of polish was purchased by myself.*

No comments:

Post a Comment