Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Zoya Jules

Today I am wearing another one of my favorite Zoya colors, Jules! Jules is a very muted dusty gold that makes a really nice neutral. I also find that Jules could be worn both in the summer and in the fall and winter since it is both toned down for winter and fresh looking for summer.

Zoya's Jules
Jules is one of those colors that tends to lean cool in one light and warm in another. Sometimes when I look down it almost looks like a muted grey/silver color, and other times it is clearly a gold, but that's one of the reason I love this color.


Zoya's Jules
Jules' formula is very nice. Mine is a little on the thick side, though I am not sure if that is true of all bottles of Jules, or specific to mine. Jules is also pretty sheer. I used 3 thin coats on my nails and you can still see through the tips. I believe Zoya has Jules rated as a 4 on the opacity scale (1= least opaque, 5= completely opaque), though I would classify it as a 3.

Zoya's Jules

Zoya's Jules
Jules is very shimmery in person, but the shimmer is very fine and gives a great metallic finish. The wear on Jules is great. I reached 5 days with minimal tip wear and no chips before I decided to change colors. A word to the wise about taking Jules off, it is a shimmer, and as anyone who wears glitter and shimmer polish knows, they can be a huge pain to get off. After years of scrubbing my nails, until my fingers hurt, just to get my favorite shimmer polishes off I finally figured out an easier, and I mean MUCH easier, way to remove glitter/shimmer polishes with almost no effort. Tin foil!!


Foiled fingers for easy glitter removal
 All you need is:
 5 cotton balls
 5 pieces of foil that are big enough to wrap around the cotton ball and hold it securely to your fingers
 polish remover.

Instructions:
1. Soak the cotton ball in remover 2. Place it over the finger nail so that the polish is completely covered. 3.Wrap one piece of foil around the entire cotton ball and tip of the finger, making sure it is secure enough to hold the cotton ball in place. 4. Repeat 1-3 for the other 4 fingers, or using 10 cotton balls and 10 foil strips complete both hands. 5. Wait 5 minutes. 6. Remove foil and cotton ball while gently swiping cotton ball over nail. 7. Remove any remaining polish with cotton ball.

This removes every speck of polish off of my nails without having to scrub them. You literally just apply the foils and wait. SO much easier. As you can see in the picture above, the first finger is finished and the polish was completely removed in one swipe.

Zoya's Jules
Overall I am really pleased with Jules. It's a nice, easy to wear neutral that still adds a little shimmer to your nails. The wear is great and application is lovely. I would recommend Jules to anyone who is looking for something subtle yet still feminine and pretty!


*All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This polish was purchased myself.*

No comments:

Post a Comment