Thursday, March 15, 2012

All About Birchbox and My March Box

The other day I received my March Birchbox which is my 5th box so far, and then I also received a special Teen Vogue Edition box! If you don't know what Birchbox is then you should check it out at http://www.birchbox.com/?raf=krtsb!
Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample subscription service. It cost $10 a month and can be canceled at any time. Each month you will receive a box with 4-5 deluxe beauty samples (and usually some extras). You can also sign up for an annual subscription which gives you a year of boxes for $110, that is payed for upfront. Sadly if you sign up for the year of boxes you can't cancel, and they don't refund a prorated amount either, so my advice is to try it out with the monthly member ship for a few months before throwing down $110 on the year. 

Birchbox also has an AMAZING points system. When you sign up for the month to month you receive 10 pts (the first month only, not ever month), when you sign up for the annual you get 110 pts. The points break down like this:

10pts = $1
100pts = $10

You don't get a credit for your points until you reach 100, and then for each 100 after that they give you a $10 credit. You can use your credit on any purchase, or save it up, though they expire after 365 days. This might sound like a lot of points to get to before you get a credit, but for every item in your box you can review it and get 10 pts. So if each box usually contains 5-6 reviewable items, thats $5-$6 you age getting BACK. They also give you free shipping on the items in your box each month (and everyone else's box too!), and as long as you have one free shipping item in your cart your whole order ships free.

Okay, so on to my March box....


March 2012 Birchbox
Left to right, Clockwise from the upper left corner:
1.) Stila Smokey Eye palette
2.) Kusmi Tea - I Love My Detox
3.) Grandma Stelle's hand soap in Verbena Thyme
4.) Color Club nail polish in Lava Lamp
5.) Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Root Shampooing Cream
6.) Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens


The Stila palette is really just a layer of eye shadow in each color, with enough shadow for about 3-4 uses. The shadow is a really nice highly pigmented, velvety shadow and comes with the colors Kitten, Diamon Lil and Ebony.

The Kusmi tea was delicious, though you will discover that I have a love of all things tea (green/black/herbal and everything in between), so they really couldn't mess up with these. It was a nice green tea with lemongrass and slight citrus notes.

The Grandma Stelle's smells amazing, but it really doesn't lather great at all. I have thrown it into my purse for emergencies though. It can never hurt to have a travel size soap on hand, exspecially with an 8 month old.

Next up is the Color Club polish, and boy oh boy this picture does not do this justice. It is neon, and when I say neon, I mean "LOOK AT ME I AM WEARING TRAFFIC CONES ON MY FEET" neon. I will swatch this for you guys later when I get into swatching some of my polishes.

I have talked to several people about the Nick Chavez shampoo, and it's one of those things where if you are a big anti-sulfates person, then this is not for you, because yes, it does contain sufates. I however am not that picky when it comes to the products I wash my hair with, and found it to be very nice. It smells a little medicinal, but not unpleasant, and it doesn't really lather, but is spread through the hair more like a conditioner. When I rinsed it out I was very pleasantly surprised though. My hair was soft and silky feeling and I hadn't even conditioned yet!

And last but not least, the Boscia blotting linens. I could not have recieved these at a better time! I live in Iowa and usually it is ... 35F in Iowa in March, but this whole week is 77-79F, and for some reason after having my daughter my skin has shifted from dry to on the oilier side. They work really well (you can see it on the paper, GROSS, I know.) and smell like green tea!

So that was my March box, and I was really happy with it!!

*All opinions are my own and are not paid for by any company. The box reviewed in this post was paid for by myself.*

No comments:

Post a Comment