Friday, March 16, 2012

Zoya Sooki Swatch and Review

Today marks a very special day! Well okay, maybe not really special, but it is going to be my very first nail polish review, and it's my most favorite brand of polish ever, ZOYA!

This is the first Zoya polish that I ever received, so it is pretty dear to my heart. You could say that this is the bottle of polish that started my ever growing collection and love affair with Zoya products.

I love Zoya because it is 4 free and that is really really really important to me. After having my daughter I took a close look at all of the chemicals and junk that I have been putting on or in my body. It's one thing for me to use the products on myself, but when they are coming in close contact with Tiny Hiney I want them to be the least harmful products I can find. One of the major problems I have with polishes that contain things like formaldehyde ,and other cancer causing chemicals, is that my fingers are in her mouth A LOT. Feeling for little things she may have put in her mouth, her gnawing on my fingers, feeling her new teeth, putting medicine in her mouth, you name it, my fingers are in her mouth all the time. So the idea of her ingesting little chips of my nail polish was frightening, but I also didn't want to have to completely stop wearing polish as it is one of my absolute loves. That's where Zoya comes into play. They are one of the only brands that do not have formaldehyde, DBP, toluene and camphor..... and they have over 300 color choices!

So, enters:

Zoya Sooki

Sooki! Named for the Vampire Diaries character, this is a gorgeous bright cool cherry red cream! It applies like a dream, is opaque in one coat but perfect with two. It dries to a smooth glossy shine and wears for a long time, and I mean a looooooooonnnngggg time. Before I found Zoya I had a love/hate relationship with nail polish. We have all been there. You paint your nails, getting them perfect, only to discover the next day (sometimes the same day) that there is a chip, or the polish is cracking or peeling up.... So you paint them again, only to have to same thing happen. Well not with Zoya. It is the longest wearing polish ever. I easily get 5-7 days out of their polish with only minimal tip wear. I haven't been able to get my hands on their color lock system, but I am eager to find out if that extends the wear even longer. Put Zoya's longevity together with their amazing colors, like Sooki, and you have a winner!

Sooki



Sookie is just gorgeous! Sometimes I have trouble wearing brighter reds or cool reds because I have very fair skin, but Sooki just works.




I wasn't sure about this color at first, but I am so glad that I broke down and bought it. I have had terrible experiences with purchasing nail polish online... the color looks perfect on the computer screen and then you get it and it doesn't even look close.

Zoya has a fool proof way to prevent this, the Zoya color spoons! You can purchase the spoons of whatever colors you are interested in and they will send you a swatch of the color (REAL polish, not something printed on a piece of plastic or paper!) so you can see exactly what it will look like when applied. You can even hold the spoon up to your finger to see what the color will look like with your skin tone. The best part is, the spoons only cost 50 cents each, and the amount you spend on spoons is credited back to your account so you can put it towards the purchase of your favorite polish color! So they are basically FREE!!!

You can learn more about Zoya's color spoon, or place an order here : http://www.zoya.com/.

Ahhhhh... Love me some Zoya.




*Review is my own, honest opinion and was not paid for by the reviewed company. This polish was purchased on my own.*


No comments:

Post a Comment