Thursday, March 22, 2012

Zoya's Kylie2

My shipment from Zoya came in the mail today! So of course I immediately opened it and  grabbed all my other Zoya polishes so that I could see what they all looked like together! (because that's what normal nail polish lovers do right?... Right guys?)

Top L-R: Faye, Tru, Lotus, Caitlin, Carey, Jules
Bottom L-R: Isla, Burke, Sooki, LC, Kylie2, Felicity
 Now if only I could stop adding colors to my ever growing Zoya wish list. Ha, that will never happen.

After looking at all of the new bottles that I received I decided that I wanted to try out Kylie2, not only because it shares a name with my sister, but because with all the clouds and rain today I needed something bright and cheery.

Zoya's Kylie2


Zoya's Kylie2
Kylie2 is a really beautiful coral cream. Zoya's website describes it as a red-orange coral, though I am having trouble picking out the orange in it. It definitely looks like a pink coral to me. It's a perfectly bright and sunny summer color and works well on my fair skin.


Zoya's Kylie2
I did have some trouble with the formula of this polish. It was very very thick. Like I said in my previous post, I am not sure if the thickness of the polish is true of all bottles of Kylie2, or just of my specific bottle, but it did make the polish harder to apply. I was worried when I began application because the thickness of the polish was causing pretty uneven lines to occur where each stroke was meeting. I wasn't sure if it was going to dry down smooth or not, but it did slowly even out to a smooth finish, though not as smooth as I tend to like my creams. I think an investment in Zoya's polish rejuvinator would be wise for me, since I have several bottles of polish that lean a little thicker than I would like.

Zoya's Kylie2
One thing that I dislike about thicker formulas is that the cuticle always ends up a little messy because of the build up, though it should clean up after a hand wash or two.

Zoya's Kylie2
I was very pleased with the opacity of Kylie2. Zoya has it listed as a 4 on the opacity scale, and i would have to agree. One coat could almost be enough to be completely opaque, but two makes it perfect. I have noticed that sometimes Zoya's opacity rating on some of their polishes is off, for example they have both Jules and Kylie2 listed as a 4, when Jules is clearly much more sheer than Kylie2.

Zoya's Kylie2
Overall I am really pleased with Kylie2. It's exactly the kind of coral color that I love wearing on my toes with sandals and will make a nice addition to my summer brights. I will have to get some of the thinning drops mentioned above to make application a little easier though.

No comments:

Post a Comment