Friday, March 30, 2012

Zoya's Caitlin

Today has not been a very good day for blogging. I smashed my pointed finger and middle finger straight into the sliding glass door this morning, which successfully split both nails in half. Ugh.
Also, I don't know what is going on with my camera. I know it's like 7 years old, but man is it spazing out. It keeps doing random things like turning the flash on and off, switching my settings around, and then freezing when I try to change them back. If any of my family is reading this, cameras sure do make great birthday presents (cough *hint hint*). Just kidding, cameras are freaking expensive.

Anyway, on to my nail color of the day, Zoya's Caitlin.


Zoya's Caitlin
 Pictures are kinda sketchy today, mainly because they are taken in whatever setting my camera decided to use for each picture... 

Zoya describes Caitlin as a smokey purple-tinged medium grey cream. Though to me I would describe it as a greyed out purple, because I feel the purple is stronger than the grey tones. Caitlin is part of the Intimates Collection, of which I currently own Caitlin and Jules.

Zoya's Caitlin
However you want to describe it, it's pretty! Caitlin's formula was nice. It was a little on the thick side, but not so much that it made it hard to work with. Each coat did go on slightly thicker than I like to work with, but it wasn't a big deal. Caitlin dried down to a nice smooth finish, though I did get a few bubbles because of the thickness of the formula.

Zoya's Caitlin
Zoya lists Caitlin as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is pretty accurate. It does go on almost completely opaque, though I could still detect a few spots where light was coming through on my tips. Maybe I am just really picky though.


Zoya's Caitlin
Zoya's Caitlin
I really like Caitlin a lot. When I first ordered Carey this is actually what I thought I was getting, and then Carey ended up being much more on the grey side, with blue undertones. So of course I had to go back and get Caitlin.

I think Caitlin makes a really nice spring and summer color, though I could see wearing it in the winter with some pretty greys and off whites. I am not really sure how Caitlin would look on someone with a cool skin tone. I have neutral undertones to my skin, meaning I have neither cool undertones, or warm undertones, but am between the two. So I really can't comment on that.

Zoya's Caitlin
Overall I am really pleased with Caitlin. I think it's a really pretty color and I think I will get a lot of use out of her this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment