Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Zoya Kimber!

Next up we have Kimber from the 2012 Summer Surf Collection! Zoya describes Kimber as a rch, bright and saturated medium magenta pink with strong gold metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish, which is spot on. This is such a saturated, bold pink. No wimpy, soft pink here! There is a really strong gold/coppery shimmer that really lights Kimber up and makes it glow!

Zoya Kimber


Zoya Kimber
 You can really see how bright and gorgeous it is!

Zoya Kimber
In the photo above you can really see the gold shimmer in the bottle. I think that if Kimber didn't have the gold shimmer that it wouldn't be as beautiful as it is. It's a pretty pink, but the gold shimmer adds a kick to it that makes it special.


Zoya Kimber

Zoya Kimber
Zoya lists Kimber as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is acurate. This is another one of those colors that you could get away with one coat on. The polish is so saturated and pigmented that one coat was almost completely opaque.


Zoya Kimber

Zoya Kimber
The formula of Kimber could not have been more perfect. It glides on in a smooth, creamy, even coat and dried down glossy and smooth. Application was so easy and perfect. I wish every polish was as wonderful to apply as Kimber was. It also dried fairly quickly, though I find that most of the foils I have used do.



Zoya Kimber

Zoya Kimber
In the photos above I tried to capture the shimmer for you, because the way this polish glows really is stunning in person, but I have had a hard time capturing it on camera.

And finally... I added an accent nail to my mani this week.


Zoya Kimber with bubble dots of Color Club Lava Lamp
I added some bubble dots of Color Club's Lava Lamp to my ring finger. Lava Lamp is a super neon orange, and it looked neat over Kimber!

Overall, I LOVE Kimber and I am interested in seeing if the other polishes in the surf collection are as beautiful! 


~All reviews expressed are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed companies. This bottle of nail polish was purchase on my own.~

No comments:

Post a Comment