Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zoya Charity

Up next is Zoya Charity, a pretty dusty mauve-purple with subtle gold/copper duo chrome shimmer!


Zoya Charity
 
Zoya Charity
 One thing I can tell you right off of the bat, the shimmer shows up MUCH more in the bottle than it does on the nail. Once it is applied you can hardly see the shimmer unless you are in the sunlight.


Zoya Charity
 
Zoya Charity
As you can see, the shimmer is very subtle once Charity is applied.

Zoya lists Charity as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque), which is accurate. It was completely opaque after 2 coats.


Zoya Charity

Zoya Charity

Zoya Charity
Charity's formula was quite on the thick side. This is the first Zoya that I have really had trouble applying. It just did not want to go on smoothly, I think because of the thickness of the formula. It did dry down fairly smooth, however I ended up with bubbles.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed with Charity. I love purples, but it is just not what I was expecting. It really does appear to be a cream when on your nails (unless in direct sun), and I was looking forward to a shimmer. I will wear it, but I am going to keep searching for a mauve with stronger gold shimmer.

~All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This bottle of polish was purchased on my own.~

No comments:

Post a Comment