Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zoya Ali and Essie Set In Stones!


Time to review one of my favorites! Zoya's Ali! It's a super bright, nearly neon pink that dries down to a semi-matte, satin-y finish and is one of my favorite summer colors!


Zoya Ali

Zoya Ali
Zoya describes Ali as ultra-bright, warm, medium neon pink creme, which I feel is accurate except for the fact that I would call it a nearly neon, because sometimes it looks neon, but other times it  just looks like hot pink, and I feel that true neons look neon all of the time.

Zoya Ali
In these pictures you can see how the finish is a little different. It's not matte, but it's definitely not a glossy or shiny finish either. I describe it as satin. You can add a top coat over it to make it shiny if you would like and it still looks beautiful. 

Zoya Ali
Zoya list Ali as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 5 = completely opaque). It's very opaque. One coat was enough to completely cover my nail without being able to see though it. I would have to say that the formula on this one was a little on the thick side, though not so much that it was difficult to apply. It did seem to dry fairly quickly as well.

Zoya Ali
My only complaint with Ali is that it did chip on me after 2 days, which is NOT something my other Zoya's generally do. Most of the time I can wear a Zoya polish for 5-7 day before it starts to get little chips around my tips. I usually end up taking my Zoya polish off before it chips, but that was not the case with this one. I am thinking it may have something to do with the formula, because I have noticed that all matte polish chips incredibly fast. 

Zoya Ali with Essie Set In Stones

I decided to put Essie's Set In Stones glitter top coat over Ali to break up how stinkin' bright it is, because I tend to lean away from the neons on my fingers (though I love them on my toes!), and this helped soften it up a bit. Set In Stones is a glitter top coat with silver large, medium and small octagonal and circular glitter. I love how Set In Stones looks. It makes me think of the stars in the night sky.
Zoya Ali with Essie Set In Stones

What do you guys think? Want to give neons a shot?


~All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. These bottles of polish were paid for by myself.~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment