Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Zoya's Nicole Swatch and Review

Today I have Zoya's Nicole (my name!)! Zoya describes Nicole as a light coral-red metallic shimmer, flecked with sparkling gold glitter, which is a perfect description. It really is a mix of red and coral and it can learn more coral/red depending on the lighting.

Zoya lists Nicole as a 4 on the opacity scale (1=sheer, 5=completely opaque) which is pretty spot on. It isn't completely opaque with 2 coats, but is not only sheer either. I can make out the nail line under the polish, but only if I look closely. Most of the time I am not a fan of sheer polish, and avoid purchasing them, but made an exception and went ahead and ordered it since it is my namesake. I was aware that I may not end up liking this polish because of the sheerness, but I am pleasantly surprised with Nicole.

Application was a breeze. It was in the thin side but not to a fault. It came off of the brush very fluid and settled down to an even finish. Even with the shimmer it doesn't have any noticeable brush lines, or patchiness, and looks very smooth. Though I can't say I ever have much of a problem with Zoya being streaky or patchy.

Dry time was average and my hands were usable after about 5 minutes.
My conclusion is that even though I don't generally like polish that isn't completely opaque, I do really love Nicole (especially the name! Lol) and I think that it's a perfect coral/red for summer and would make an exceptionally cute pedicure.

Nicole can be purchased on www.zoya.com for $8 a bottle.

Zoya's Nicole
Zoya's Nicole
Zoya's Nicole
Zoya's Nicole
Zoya's Nicole

*The product in this review was purchased on my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment