Friday, June 8, 2012

Zoya Elodie Swatch and Review!

Time for another Zoya review! This time it's Zoya's Elodie!

Zoya Describes Elodie as bright and fresh warm melon pink creme with a touch of coral. This is true IF you read the "touch of coral" part as "a tiny hint of orange", I say this because I have read some comments from people saying that this is not a melon pink, well it is.... just with a touch of coral! It's a very beautiful color!

Zoya Elodie

Zoya Elodie
 Elodie is a very pretty pink color!

Zoya lists Elodie as a 5 on the opacity scale (1 = sheer, 2 = completely opaque) which I didn't find accurate at all. Elodie goes on incredibly sheer. I needed like 4 fairly heavy coats before I couldn't see through it. I was actually really disappointed with how sheer it goes on, because it is such a pretty color. You can see in the photos above that you can see straight through the polish that is clinging to the bottle where the air pocket is. Generally with an opaque polish you can't see through the polish on the side of the bottle. I am not going to let Elodie's sheerness keep me from using it though, because other than that the formula is perfect.

Zoya Elodie
 Elodie went on very smoothly and flowed into the nail with easy. It dried down smooth and even and VERY glossy. You could get away without using a top coat with Elodie.

Zoya Elodie
 I do think I should mention that Elodie and Kylie2 are very close. I would say that if you have one you really don't need the other (unless you are a pink polish addict like me). Elodie is slightly lighter and more orange. Unless you are very discerning about colors you probably wouldn't notice though. If I had to recommend one or the other I would say get Kylie2 because it is so much more opaque than Elodie and you will have to do less layers and in turn your bottle will last you longer.

Zoya Kylie2 Right, Elodie Left

Zoya Kylie2 Right, Elodie Left
As you can see in the photos above, there is a difference between Kylie2 and Elodie, but it is very very subtle and without them being side by side you probably wouldn't be able to say which one was which.

Zoya Elodie
Elodie is obviously a warm color, but I think it would be flattering on many different skin tones. 

My overall opinion on Elodie is that even though it is on the sheer side it is going to be one of my favorite summer colors and makes a nice addition to my collection.


~All reviews are my own opinions and are not paid for by the reviewed company. This product was purchased on my own.~

No comments:

Post a Comment