Thursday, December 5, 2013

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

Today I have swatched 8 of the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters for you. I know, I know. I am very late to the game on these. I am not even exactly sure why I never jumped on the lip butter bandwagon. I think it's because I tried Cupcake when they first came out and thought it would be very sheer (what I had wanted at the time) but it ended up being more pigmented than I had wanted and it was a terrible color for me. So I just assumed that I wouldn't like the rest of them either. Stupid of me, yes?

Shades I swatched:

·Peach Parfait: peachy pink with strong gold glitter/shimmer flecks.

·Strawberry Shortcake: cool toned light pink with very subtle silver shimmer.

·Juicy Papaya: light orangy coral cream.

·Tutti Frutti: bright orangy coral cream.

·Berry Smoothie: medium warm toned pink with subtle pink shimmer.

·Sorbet: bright cool toned pink with very subtle shimmer (hard to tell the color of the shimmer, looks pink but flashing blue as well.). 

·Wild Watermelon: a reddish orange with jelly like look. 

·Candy Apple: an orange based red cream.

These have a smooth, buttery (duh) texture and the pigmentation ranges from sheer to opaque, depending on how much you apply. Some of the colors like Tutti Frutti can be built up to full opacity. While others, such as Wild Watermelon, have a jelly like look to them, so even when they are built up they still have a translucency.

They feel very moisturizing on my lips and do seem to make my lips feel softer once they have faded or are removed. Even though a few of them have noticeable glitter/shimmer in them I could only feel it on my lips when I used Peach Parfait, and even though I could feel the glitter it was not rough/gritty enough to bother me. The rest of the shimmer/glitter ones felt smooth and slick.

I got varying wear times on these. Some of the lighter shades like Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait lasted around 3 hours before I couldn't detect any color anymore. While the more pigmented shades like Candy Apple and Wild Watermelon lasted a little longer and also left color on my lips even after the balminess had faded off.

I can't really say that any one shade is my favorite because they are all wonderful for the shade that they are. I liked each one and can see myself using every shade I have depending on the look I want. The only shade I feel that Revlon is lacking is a glitter/shimmer free natural pink. They have Pink Truffle, which I own (will swatch later), but it's a little dark and brown toned to be a perfect natural color for most people. If they could make one that was a cream finish, and between the colors of Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle, I think it would be perfect. A girl can dream right?

I purchased these at Walgreens for $8.99 each and took advantage of their buy one get one 50% off sale.

Each picture below is with two swipes. Keep in mind that since the majority of these are sheer that you will be able to see some of your natural lip color through them. I have rosy colored lips, so each color takes on a slightly more pink/rosy tone when it's on my lips  vs. on my arm. 

L-R: Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon, Berry Smoothie, Sorbet, Tutti Frutti, Juicy Papaya, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait

L-R: Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon, Berry Smoothie, Sorbet, Tutti Frutti, Juicy Papaya, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait

Bottom-Top (2 swipes each): Strawberry Shortcake, Juicy Papaya, Peach Parfait, Tutti Frutti, Sorbet, Berry Smoothie, Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple

Bare Lips 

Strawberry Shortcake

Juicy Papaya

Peach Parfait

Tutti Frutti

Sorbet

Berry Smoothie

Wild Watermelon

Candy Apple 

Which shades are your favorite?

*The items in this post were purchased on my own. All opinions are my own and are not paid for.*


 

No comments:

Post a Comment