Sunday, May 12, 2013

Maybelline Color Whispers Swatch and Review

Today I have the Maybelline Color Whisper lip sheers for you! These are light weight, sheer lip colors that are just beautiful!

Maybelline describes these as pure color pigments suspended in weightless gel.

I found these to be comfortable on my lips. They are creamy and lightweight and don't feel tacky or sticky at all. I believe there are 20 different colors out right now, ranging from nearly clear pink to deeper colors like reds and berries.

I might be in the minority, but I actually like these more than the Revlon Lip Butters. I tend to focus on my eyes when I do my make up so I want a lip color that is going to be more sheer and not as highly pigmented and bright as the Revlon Lip Butters tend to be. I like that these can be worn for a little color but my lips don't take away the focus from my eyes.

I did notice that these tend to wear off after about 3 hours on my lips (without eating or drinking) but I honestly didn't mind having to reapply them since they can be put on blindly, without fuss, like a chapstick. Plus they smell like fruit loops when you first put them on! (The smell fades quickly and becomes unnoticeable after a minute or so.)

If you are going to go for some of the lighter colors like Lust for Blush, or even Coral Ambition, I would suggest exfoliating your lips before you put them on, because they tend to accentuate any flaking or peeling you might have on your lips.

My final thought on these is that I love them. I love that they are sheer and natural looking and I definitely plan on checking out the rest of the colors that Maybelline has out!

These can be purchased at most drug stores for around $6 each.

Maybelline Color Whispers

Maybelline Color Whispers


Maybelline Color Whispers (L-R)
Lust for Blush, Pink Possibilities, Coral Ambitions, Made-It Mauve


Maybelline Color Whispers (L-R)
Lust for Blush, Pink Possibilities, Coral Ambitions, Made-it Mauve


Maybelline Color Whispers (Bottom Left-Top Right)
Made it Mauve, Lust for Blush, Coral Ambitions, Pink Possibilities

*The products in this review were purchased on my own. All opinions expressed are my own and are not paid for.* 

1 comment:

  1. I like these better than the Revlon lip butters. These I find to be much smoother application & really like you just, like a chapstick.

    sheeeeeelby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete